Dating and Waiting
Dating can be an amazing adventure...Dating in your thirties can be a horror story! But one I can turn into a comedy :)
I am in my thirties, and have been divorced for almost seven years; now I feel as though I am back in high school, while I yet again embarq upon the wonderful world of dating and seeking after prince charming. I got the toad the first time...no matter how many times I kissed him...I got nothin'...not a prince, not a knight, not even an ogre. Just a toad with a big croak! I have found that the fairy tales have really led me astray, and I would like to share my findings and fortunes...or more like unfortante adventures with you.

Yet in all this....I do still believe in the power of love. I still seek after a passionate romance, and a genuine deep love that can outshine and outlast all...and I still believe in the impossible!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taking A Break

I may not be writing on this blog anymore...

From time to time if God speaks to my heart on this issues of dating/relationships, I will share, but for now...I am taking a break from this blog and focusing just on Random Blonde.

I woke up this morning with this miraculous peace about the whole dating thing. I can finally hand it over to God and say honestly I don't want it anymore...not that I don't still pray for an amazing man of God to come into the boys' and my life, but I don't want the control of it anymore...I don't want the longing, lonely thoughts, I don't want the anxieties and the fears of this desire. I don't want it to rule my entire existence. I don't want it my way...I DO want it God's way! So I am letting go.

I have two of the most amazing boys that I am thankful and blessed to be a mother of. They need a strong, confident, Christian mother who walks by faith, who stands firm in her walk with God, who shows that no matter what - we praise God in this house! So there is where I want my focus to be. God - boys -family/friends and me...taking care of yourself...I have found the hard way...is very important! So, I am able to let everything else go...my wants and desires, I lay at His feet...and I walk away in peace.

God has brought me a long way in the last six years (since I left my ex-husband) and I am so thankful for that. He has done some major gardening and uprooted the spirit of insecurity in my life....it still sprouts a little ugly plant every now and then, but...God continues to work on me. I am so thankful for His love, faithfulness, and grace. Now, I want to grow deeper in love with Him, I want to learn more about Him, I want even more of His wisdom, love, joy, strength, and peace.

This song is my prayer today:
"Lord, I give You my heart, I give You my soul. I live for You alone. Every breath that I take...every move that I make...Lord, have Your way in me."

2 comments: