Dating and Waiting
Dating can be an amazing adventure...Dating in your thirties can be a horror story! But one I can turn into a comedy :)
I am in my thirties, and have been divorced for almost seven years; now I feel as though I am back in high school, while I yet again embarq upon the wonderful world of dating and seeking after prince charming. I got the toad the first time...no matter how many times I kissed him...I got nothin'...not a prince, not a knight, not even an ogre. Just a toad with a big croak! I have found that the fairy tales have really led me astray, and I would like to share my findings and fortunes...or more like unfortante adventures with you.

Yet in all this....I do still believe in the power of love. I still seek after a passionate romance, and a genuine deep love that can outshine and outlast all...and I still believe in the impossible!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Weekend...

I am still reading through eat pray love by Elizabeth Gilbert, wishing I had more time to just sit and read all the way through it, I love to read and don’t like having to keep picking up a book for only ten minutes here and there, I just want to finish it and enjoy it. Although this book has so much to offer in just ten minutes of reading, I guess it is not too bad to read it this way.

Anyways, I was just reading about her trip to Venice for the weekend. She was writing about a friend of hers coming to meet her in the most romantic city on earth, “I could just picture myself all alone, in the butt end of a gondola, getting dragged through the mist by a crooning gondolier as I…read in a magazine? It’s a sad image, rather like the idea of humping up a hill all by yourself on a bicycle-built-for-two.” I love her vivid, fun depiction of things; this book is easily enjoyable. But… ahhh Venice…I dream of being in Venice (in all of Italy) just about as often as I dream about being in the strong arms of Mr. Right. Well, I just down right dream of being in Venice with that man…someday, yes someday!

Right now…I just have another lonely weekend here in Greenville, NC to look forward to.

I am very much trying to find the positive in things…I have been writing about mindsets and making a choice to think of things in a positive way, and to accept God’s peace, and to let go of all anxieties…so…I thought let me list some fun, positive things I can do/enjoy about this lonely weekend:

1. I can go to the beach…and I can admire ALL that the beach has to offer without cold glares from a mate….if ya get what I mean…if not here let me just say it…sexy, shirtless, tan men walking by just for my viewing pleasure. Oh…sorry…I meant I can enjoy the peace and quiet of digging my bare feet in the sand, and watch the sun display a bold variety of pastels as it sets over the horizon of the vast ocean waters.
2. I can go shopping and buy all the flip flops I want without anyone talking to me about a budget and bills.
3. I can go to Olive Garden and order all the carbs I want without someone telling me to watch my weight!
4. I can have a chick flick marathon and cry if I want to without the criticism of a man.
5. Hmmm…OK…I really need to be able to come up with more than four before pausing and wishing I had someone to walk hand-n-hand with at the beach, to cuddle with when I cry over the dramatic scenes, or to lay wrapped in each other’s arms at night and talk about someday going to Italy….hmmmm….
6. I can actually finish this book I am reading.
7. I can sit and watch the food network channel all weekend, which only makes me hungry and want to pig out on whatever I can find in the kitchen that does not even compare to the delicacies being prepared before me on the screen.
8. Then I can just dance off all I ate with wild random dancing since there is no one around to judge me…lol.
9. Gotta at least get to ten here….although technically I am only on eight here because number five doesn’t count…but whose counting…unless you are bored and lonely like me while you are reading this….lol. I can have a rock show as I strengthen my talents at guitar hero and do endless encores.
10. I can go see Toy Story 3 in hopes that the new Ken doll takes his shirt of….oh wait….I have been seeing way too much of a shirtless, sculpted Jacob Black…LOL.

Yeah…good times for me this weekend 

Seriously….the point is: I am not alone…I am independent. I can still enjoy life abundantly, and focus on all that God want for me in my life. I can still walk around with my head held high and a smile on my face. I do not need a man. I would like to have one, but I do not need a man. God is my completion; my all in all….with Him I have strength to face anything…even another lonely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment