Dating and Waiting
Dating can be an amazing adventure...Dating in your thirties can be a horror story! But one I can turn into a comedy :)
I am in my thirties, and have been divorced for almost seven years; now I feel as though I am back in high school, while I yet again embarq upon the wonderful world of dating and seeking after prince charming. I got the toad the first time...no matter how many times I kissed him...I got nothin'...not a prince, not a knight, not even an ogre. Just a toad with a big croak! I have found that the fairy tales have really led me astray, and I would like to share my findings and fortunes...or more like unfortante adventures with you.

Yet in all this....I do still believe in the power of love. I still seek after a passionate romance, and a genuine deep love that can outshine and outlast all...and I still believe in the impossible!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NOT Dating Diaries

OK...this blog is called Dating Diaries, but I should rename it to something along the lines of Soooo NOT Dating Diaries. LOL.
Although, I did actually get asked out the other day...so nice to know that I am not actually completely invisible or found hideously unattractive to the opposite sex after all!! LOL. No...I do very much believe (or else I am daily reminded by my awesome friends as I just wrote about on Random Blonde) that I am an amazing woman of God with a lot to offer a man...yeah, I pretty much rock (hey Guitar Hero tells me that all the time...maybe that's why I love that game) anyways, my point is: I do know my self worth, and I will not settle for less than God's best!
My friend was reminding me that if it is not what God wants then why would you want it anyways, it won't be right. Well...DUH...been there done that have the divorce papers to prove it! Why would I want to go through anything like that again?! Not only for my sake...but for my two fun, lovable, goofy, talented, smart, amazing little men in my life! I want it God's way...and I know this is going to sound crazy coming from someone who wants a man in her life more than she wants to be able to eat chocolate cheesecake for every meal and NOT gain an ounce, but I don't want to date.
I will wait on God and His best for my life....although Patrick Dempsy is already taken...I guess I can wait for next on the list...lol. J/K future husband!
I hope you know your worth as well, and don't settle for less than what God has in store for you! As I daily have to be reminded...it will be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment