Dating and Waiting
Dating can be an amazing adventure...Dating in your thirties can be a horror story! But one I can turn into a comedy :)
I am in my thirties, and have been divorced for almost seven years; now I feel as though I am back in high school, while I yet again embarq upon the wonderful world of dating and seeking after prince charming. I got the toad the first time...no matter how many times I kissed him...I got nothin'...not a prince, not a knight, not even an ogre. Just a toad with a big croak! I have found that the fairy tales have really led me astray, and I would like to share my findings and fortunes...or more like unfortante adventures with you.

Yet in all this....I do still believe in the power of love. I still seek after a passionate romance, and a genuine deep love that can outshine and outlast all...and I still believe in the impossible!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Are you speaking to me?

Have you ever sat in a sermon on Sunday and felt as though the pastor were speaking directly to you?
Have you ever watched a movie and someone made a profound statement that you really needed to hear?
Have you ever heard a song that spoke straight to your heart as if it were written for you alone at that very moment?

Well...that actually happens to me a lot.

And it did again today with the book I have been talking/writing about, eat pray love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Page 65 spoke to me as if she were standing before me outside on my apartment steps with her finger swinging around in my face making it perfectly clear I needed to understand this statement that she also had to declare to her own self:

"When I get lonely these days, I think: So be lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings."

I had to set the book down and call my best friend....I was laughing and crying at the same time...

Although the difference is...I have had seven straight years of loneliness and only the pleasure of 2 nights out of over 2,500 nights to actually experience any kind of pleasure of another person's body any where even close to mine. (don't worry mom if you are reading this...I know I probably just gave you a shock or something saying anything like that...I was not that misbehaved...lol...and again look at the comparison...2 days of finally getting kissed compared to over 2,500 days of NOTHING! Hope that sets your mind at ease...)

But I love the way Elizabeth phrases things...and this "scratching post" statement is hilarious, and seems so close to thoughts I have shared with my best friends in desperate hours of loneliness!! I have got to sit down with this lady someday and have lunch!! She speaks to my heart on a very personal level, and I cannot get through a page without something powerful reaching out to me and pulling me into her world...loving this book!

Anyways...sooooo where do I buy this map for the lonely and broken hearted because I am lost in my sorrows, and want to find the right route out of Desperate Dodge: the town where old maids meet misery head on!

I WANT OUT! I want to ride on over to Romanceville instead...lol...I want to be swept off my feet by a sexy, amazing man, not just spend my weekends alone sweeping and cleaning my empty apartment!

But the more important thing I have to keep reminding myself of is: but...this time I want it God's way.

And if I have to wait on His perfect plan....then as hard as it is...I will wait. Because I know His plan will defiantly exceed my own stubborn and selfish ideas.

Sunday, after throwing a long and lonely pity party all weekend...I also received another message...
I turned on music from my itunes play list, and picked the first song; the rest play on shuffle mode. After my selection played, this song began to play: "Stop Crying Your Heart Out". Yes, as I was straightening my hair, I had to be careful not to burn myself as this quickly caught my attention....

My response, "Yes, God...I get it...I need to get over it. I'm done throwing my pity party."

If you are experiencing technical difficulty...aka you are so alone you can't seem to function sometimes...are you getting what I am saying?

Basically let me throw in one more statement that stood out to me at one point in time that sums this all up...

This is from P.S. I Love You: "Alone or not alone...you've got to move forward."

Get it? Got it? Good :)

The most amazing thing though is....I know...that I am never truly alone because I have my completion in Christ, and He will "never leave me nor forsake me". And He is there for you as well...He loves you, so "come just as you are", and worship at His feet, and let Him fill the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment