Dating and Waiting
Dating can be an amazing adventure...Dating in your thirties can be a horror story! But one I can turn into a comedy :)
I am in my thirties, and have been divorced for almost seven years; now I feel as though I am back in high school, while I yet again embarq upon the wonderful world of dating and seeking after prince charming. I got the toad the first time...no matter how many times I kissed him...I got nothin'...not a prince, not a knight, not even an ogre. Just a toad with a big croak! I have found that the fairy tales have really led me astray, and I would like to share my findings and fortunes...or more like unfortante adventures with you.

Yet in all this....I do still believe in the power of love. I still seek after a passionate romance, and a genuine deep love that can outshine and outlast all...and I still believe in the impossible!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Sign???

If you throw up after a date...is that a sign that it is just not meant to be?

It had been six years since the divorce, and I had yet to have been on a single date. Nope not one. Not even the slightest touch of a man in six years...yes, I have come dangerously close to admitting myself into a nut house! Well...I take that back...I did get a little action twice...once when I was in a parking lot of a target, I got a side hug from a hot trainer from the gym I was going to...that was a great moment! And once in an Olive Garden...when the hot waiter went to take my bank card...his hand caressed mine ever so slightly!! Now, please...don't be jealous of my experiences; I know they were some very heated passionate moments...well, in my head they were...but you will have your turn someday too!

So, anyways, six years and no date...until finally one day I was asked out! But somehow the going out was a misunderstanding on my part. He said he really just wanted to stay in and play games or watch a movie. Mistakenly though, I still thought that with dating...food was a given. Apparently, I had been out of the dating world for far too long and this is no longer true. Being nervous about my first date in decades, I did not eat anything that day...nor did I ever get fed that night.

That's right. No dinner. I take that back too...we did have popcorn from my cupboard during the movie. Popcorn and half a glass of wine on a empty stomach equals a major headache and a puke fest after your date leaves...just a warning.

Yes, when he left, I was so miserable I threw up!!!! My first date since before the turn of the century and that is how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment