Dating and Waiting
Dating can be an amazing adventure...Dating in your thirties can be a horror story! But one I can turn into a comedy :)
I am in my thirties, and have been divorced for almost seven years; now I feel as though I am back in high school, while I yet again embarq upon the wonderful world of dating and seeking after prince charming. I got the toad the first time...no matter how many times I kissed him...I got nothin'...not a prince, not a knight, not even an ogre. Just a toad with a big croak! I have found that the fairy tales have really led me astray, and I would like to share my findings and fortunes...or more like unfortante adventures with you.

Yet in all this....I do still believe in the power of love. I still seek after a passionate romance, and a genuine deep love that can outshine and outlast all...and I still believe in the impossible!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

ARMED AND DANGEROUS


Now...before you get the wrong idea...this post is not going to be about my friend and I becoming bounty hunters and takin' care of old boyfriends or ex-husbands who have really screwed us over...just wanted to clear that up before you got your hopes up...I mean read on...lol.

No...it is about arming yourself with the most important thing you need to have before seeking after someone to complete you. You need confidence. Once you are secure in who you are and you can stand firm in that...that is when you become a danger to the dating world...and I mean that in a good way.

Far too often we desperately seek after someone...anyone...to make us feel special, to build us up, to fill that void in our lives...yet far to often...those people at some point fail us leaving us to feel like the failure.

This is backwards and wrong. We must...must...find our confidence and security first in God, and then let him build our confidence in who He has created us to be before we seek after soul-mates. Going into a relationship insecure...or being in a relationship while battling insecurities can be very hard, painful, and usually ends up in disaster. It can cause destruction of self-worth leaving a person in a pit of darkness left alone to struggle for survival.

But...if one can hold their head high (and not in arrogance) and be strongly aware of their own self worth before they even enter into a relationship...then no matter what comes of it, they will blossom; either grow in love...or learn from a situation and move on.

I have learned this the hard way of course...insecurity not only caused me to me to marry the wrong man...but it also tore me to shreds in the mist of a horrible marriage. I am so thankful for the last 6 years in which God has done some major gardening in my life and ripped out the roots of insecurities that threaten to destroy me...and now He has created something beautiful and brilliant out of it.

Yes...I still have my weak moments wear I feel fat,ugly, and miserable...we all have those, we are human...but God has brought me so far in that I finally know who I am in Him and that I was "fearfully and wonderfully created" and that I do NOT need a man or anyone or anything else to define me...I am a child of God built in with the security system of God confidence....and now I am armed and dangerous! I have a lot to offer a man, and I say that very confidently. For starters...I make the best thing you will ever put in your mouth - Oreo Bon Bons...lol. But, I am also a very strong-confident woman of God who loves to laugh and enjoy life.

We have to remember (and I believe this is from a Joyce Myers book) WE DO NOT HAVE TO FEEL CONFIDENT TO BE CONFIDENT!

Just believe in yourself and know that you are an amazing person. A person who God created in His likeness and He has plans for you. Seek Him first and all other things....that includes meeting the right person who will love and value you for you...just the way you are...even on bad hair days and bloated can't fit in your jeans kind of days...all other things will fall into place. But walk in His confidence!!!

I love how the children's show Veggie Tales always ends their episodes:
"Remember, God made you special...and He loves you very much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment